Using the pH Meter
— Never touch the tip of the pH probe —
- Unless the meter has been calibrated earlier the same day, calibrate the meter.
- Check that the meter is displaying, 25oC, the word “Ready” and a pH value.
- Remove the pH probe from the buffer solution it is submerged in, and rinse with distilled water into a waste beaker.
- Using the clamp, submerge the pH probe at least ¾” into your sample.
- Gently move either the probe or sample until meter displays “ready” and a pH value for your sample. Record your pH value in both your data sheets and the pH logbook.
- Remove the probe from your sample and rinse with distilled water into the waste beaker. Using the clamp, submerge and secure the probe in the electrodestorage solution.
- Put away the distilled water and clean out the waste beaker. Leave the area surrounding the pH meter clean and organized.