Register Here for the Feb Vacation GIS Workshop on Environmental Justice
CSCR is the regional leader in actively engaging students in hands-on, environmental research that builds awareness of and promotes stewardship of our natural resources. At the forefront of environmental education we nurture future leaders, and encourage independent thinking and innovation.
This is what we do best at CSCR. Join our community work.
Active, hands-on research experiences that includes STEM projects, outdoor leadership training, and authentic, place-based, entrepreneurial challenges.
Please join us for our upcoming lecture!
On Thursday, February 25th at 5:00 – 6:00, Toby and Tristam Norman, former CSCR students and founders of Simprints a not for profit company that designs, builds, and deploys modern biometric solutions to some of the worlds greatest challenges, will present and discuss via Zoom:
Register here on Eventbrite
Each year, students from the Center for Student Coastal Research present their research on Water Quality, Eelgrass, Shellfish, Harbor Currents, Marine Debris, Beach Bacteria and Erosion. Community Members are welcome to come learn and ask questions.
Click here to watch the 2020 State of the Harbor Zoom Presentation
In order to follow Covid-safe protocols as approved by our Board of Health, our 2020 activities were restricted to grant-funded or sponsored research with limited participants. We are proud of CSCR students and staff modeling professional lab protocols and following the guidelines.
- Marjot Foundation — Eelgrass Research Team
- Board of Health — Beach Bacteria Monitoring Team
- Gulf River Association — Watershed Water Quality Research Team
- DEP — Weymouth, Hingham, Hull, Cohasset, Scituate Bacteria Monitoring Internships
- Scituate Education Foundation — Salt Marsh Study & Storm Tide Pathways Assessment Team, Bassing Beach Island Shellfish, Currents and Erosion
- South Shore Art Center — Art Speaks for Marine Science
- Cohasset Education Foundation — ARCGIS Mapping Skills for United Nations Sustainable Development Goals at Cohasset High School
Help us build the environmental education programs that inspire youth to create the sustainable and just communities our world needs.
Community Members: please share your concerns and research questions with us. We are grateful for your support.